Gravitec.net service allows to automate generation and distribution of push-digests for subscribers. The digest contains the most popular/viewed publications (news) of the day and/or week.
- Digest activation
To activate the digests, if this was not done when you created your account, you need to:
-Select the Automations item of the site side menu and press the Configure button in the Push-Digest block;
After clicking the Configure button, a page with a list of digests will open. The page looks like a table, which has the following fields and elements:
- FREQUENCY - digest sending frequency. There are two types of distribution: daily and weekly;
- DAY- shows on which day/days of the week the sending takes place;
- TIME - shows at what time the sending starts;
- NUM. OF ITEMS - number of top news that will be added to the digest;
- PERIOD - period of time during which the digest will be formed;
- STATUS - displays the status of this type of digest. Existing digest statuses: Ready to create, Active, Inactive;
- + - button Create digest;
- Preview test digest - allows the user to see which view the push digest will have.
You can open this push and see the digest. If there is not enough news, you will see the blank news.
2. Digest creation
When you press the button +(Create digest) opens the digest creation page. The page has the following form:
The following options, fields and elements are available on the Digest creation page:
- Digest type - two types of digest are available: Simple(from push-campaigns) and Smart digest:
Simple(from push-campaigns) - This digest is generated on the basis of push- campaigns. The System chooses all push-campaigns for a specified period of time, determines those that were most open and forms a digest from them.
Smart digest - It differs from the first type in that it works only if the site has an active RSS feed and may not include articles that the subscriber has already read(Step 8 in the picture above).
2. Digest day(s) - multiselector, allows you to specify the days on which the digests will be distributed.
There is no way to select more than one day for the weekly digest.
3. Select all - check box, on activation of which all days of the week are selected.
This checkbox is not available for the weekly digest.
4. Digest Time - a selector that allows you to specify the time when the digest starts to be distributed.
5. Select a time zone for sending out - a searchable dropdown list. It is taken into account for the Digest Time parameter.
6. News limit in digest - a dropdown list in which you can select the number of top news items from which the digest will be generated. Available values are 6, 8 and 10 top news items.
If there are less news/publications than in the settings, the digest will not be sent.
News/publications must be unique.
7. Article UTM -a switcher that activates a specialized parameter in the URL used by marketers to track campaigns. Default parameter values are
utm_source=”gravitec” and utm_medium=”push”.
8. Checkbox - may not include articles that the subscriber has already read. This checkbox is available only for Smart digest.
9. Title - text field, it is possible to insert an emoji. The changes you have made are immediately displayed in the Preview.
10. Text - text field, it is possible to insert an emoji. The changes you have made are immediately displayed in the Preview.
11. Push UTM - a switcher that activates a specialized parameter in the URL used by marketers to track campaigns. Default parameter values are
utm_source=”gravitec” and utm_medium=”push”
12. Upload icon - allows you to upload the image from your local computer as well. The changes made are immediately displayed on the Preview.
13. Preview - allows the user to see the appearance of push for different browsers and operating systems.
14. Preview test digest - allows the user to see which view the push digest will have.
15. Notes - more information about digest types.
16. Save button block. There are several options for saving the entered data:
- Save - save all changes made, but without activating the digest.;
- Save and activate - save all made changes and digest activation;
- Back - returns to the list of digests, no changes are saved..
After entering and saving all data, the digest creation page is closed and digest parameters are displayed in the table.
3. Viewing and editing digests
After the digest is created, its status changes, new actions are available.
- The status of the created digest can be: Active or Inactive. If the digest is disabled, no campaign will be sent.
- Edit button. Clicking on this opens the digest settings page where you can edit existing settings.
- Digest activation/deactivation toolbar.
After the push-digest is created, the Campaign History is available on the main Automations page.