Frequently asked questions
1. How can I configure push notifications on my site?
Add your site to the control panel and choose the platform "For website" -> "Chrome". Then follow the instructions that are given during the registration process. instructions for setting up Gravitec Web Push on your site can also be rather helpful.
2. I already use push notifications from Gravitec on the one of my websites. How can I register another one in the control panel?
Open control panel, find and click "Add website", in the main dashboard. After that, follow the instructions that are given during the installation process.
3. I activated my site in Gravitec, made some changes and the integration disappeared after that. How can I get the code for installing push notifications on my site again?
Open the "Settings" menu for your site and go to "Integration" tab. You can copy the code for integrating Gravitec with your site from here.
4. Can I send push notifications directly from my website instead of using the control panel?
Yes, it’s possible to send push notifications from your own server using our API. Here is the documentation for developers: https://docs.gravitec.net/hc/en-us/articles/360001415573-Send-Push-Notification-V3
5. How can I send personal notifications to individual subscribers?
Give unique names (aliases) to your subscribers. Usernames, phone numbers or emails can be used for this purpose.
Send unique messages to unique users using their aliases. Use our API for setting aliases for users. Here is the documentation for developers: https://docs.gravitec.net/hc/ru/articles/208958285-Website-SDK-API
6. How can I group and target certain subscribers?
You can create subscriber groups using special tags. Use these tags for segmenting and grouping your subscribers. You can use as many tags as you want. Use our API for setting tags for users. Here is the documentation for developers: https://docs.gravitec.net/hc/ru/articles/208958285-Website-SDK-API
7. I have more questions. Where can I get answers?
Feel free to ask us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will surely help you with your issue!
Create push campaign
The main functionality of the service is the creation and sending of campaigns. It is possible to create and send them manually, as well as to send them automatically. If you need to send a single campaign, you need to open the Create campaign in the side menu. The campaign creation page looks as follows::
- Fast mode switch - allows you to fill in the data for the campaign in 1 click. For this purpose it is necessary to activate the switch and fill in the URL field for link redirection (the link to which the push will be redirected when clicking on the push). When you click on the Autofill button, the title, text and icon of the push will be substituted from the URL. You can see the result of autocomplete fields in the Notification contents block (2). If the contents of the fields fit, the campaign can be sent immediately.
If the user wants to fill out the campaign content himself, he should fill out the data in the Notification contents block (2)
- Notification header is a text field. It has a length limit. It is possible to add an emoji;
- Notification text - a text field. It has a length limit, it is possible to add an emoji;
- Destination URL is a text field that accepts only links as input. When you open the push it will redirect to the specified link;
- Autofill button - Quick mode functionality (1);
- UTM is a switcher that activates a specialized parameter in the URL that marketers use to track the resources from which traffic is passed;
When the switcher is activated, an additional optional field Campaign name is displayed.
After filling the content, you can see an approximate view of the campaign for different browsers, operating systems in the Preview block (3) . Also in this block it is possible to set an icon for the push. There are two ways to do this:
- When you add a destination URL, images are parsed from the site. It is possible to select an image from the site;
It is possible to crop the selected image.
- Change icon - download the image on your computer through Explorer . The uploaded image can be cropped (trimmed);
Campaigns in terms of time are scheduled and instant. For instant campaigns, you do not need to change the fields in the Scheduled campaign box: (4). If the campaign is to happen in the future, it is necessary to fill the following parameters:
Select a date from the calendar that opens;
- Specify time - a controller that allows you to set the time to the exact minute. It has a 24-hour format;
- Select a time zone - searchable drop-down list;
It is not possible to schedule a campaign sending for a time and date (considering the time zone) that is in the past.
Depending on the selected time zone displays information on whether it has daylight saving time or not.
If you click Cancel, you can reset all settings of the scheduled campaign, and the campaign becomes immediate.
If a scheduled campaign is created, the Send Campaign(9) button changes to Schedule Campaign.
There are also additional campaign time parameters (5):
- Campaign Category field is a text field. By specifying a campaign theme, the subscribers who clicked on the theme will be assigned the appropriate tags; (If not specified when adding the UTM);
- TTL - setting the parameters of the campaign sending time, during which the subscriber can receive push campaign;
- Slow Send switcher. The service allows you to do the campaign in small parts every 5 minutes for a specified interval.
The campaign can also have additional content. Its settings are available in the Rich Notification(6). Push can contain up to two buttons, which also have destination links and a big image.
The first button is the switcher that activates the button display. When activated, the fields of the button settings become available:
Button name is a text field.
Button icon - drop-down list with emoji;
Button to remove the icon;
Destination URL is a text field. Clicking the button in the notification will take you to the specified link;
UTM is a switcher that activates a specialized parameter in the URL that marketers use to track the resources from which traffic is passed;
Настройка второй кнопки происходит также.
Clicking on Add Big Image opens an explorer, through which you can select an image from your local device. The uploaded image can be cropped (trimmed).
Example of filled fields.
Button settings and big image settings are also available in the preview mode.
Without filling in the targeting options, the campaign will be sent to all subscribers. If you want to limit the campaign to specific groups of subscribers, use the Targeting block (7).
Фильтрация подписчиков происходит по следующим параметрам:
Targeting by tags;
After you set the filters, a recalculation button is displayed next to the Total targeted subscribers in the campaign field. Clicking the button will display the actual number of subscribers that the campaign will go to..
It is also possible to send a campaign to a segment. You can select an existing segment or create a new one.
After filling in all the required fields and parameters, you can see how the push will be displayed to the end subscribers, but without sending. To do this, click on the Test notification button (8).
If all the data and appearance of the push are correct, you must click Send Campaign (for Instant) or Schedule Campaign (for Scheduled) to send. If the user did not fill in any required field, an alert will be displayed when the user attempts to send the push.
When a campaign is sent successfully, success-popup is displayed. In this window you can create another campaign or Go to Campaign History for detailed statistics.
If a user has created a scheduled campaign, he has the ability to cancel or edit it. To do this, it is necessary to:
- Go to the Campaign history via success-popup or the side menu item.
- Find a specific campaign of your interest;
- Click on her record;
- In the detail page's header select the required operation.
Clicking the Edit Campaign button opens the edit page, which has the same appearance as the campaign creation page. To cancel, click Cancel Campaign and confirm the operation in the popup window.
If a user has copied a campaign for the same site and wants to submit it, a duplicate check is triggered.
How to integrate push notifications on the site
Manual push notification integration on your site:
- Register at https://push.gravitec.net/register
- Add your websites to your account
3. The integration code with our service is installed on your site.
4. For HTTPS resources, install the SDK files. In the personal account in the site settings, you need to download the SDK files and place them in the root folder of the site, so that they can be accessed via links: https://sitename.com/push-worker.js, https://sitename.com/manifest.json.
The basic principle of the technology is that the base is formed solely from subscribers who have personally confirmed their desire to receive notifications. You can segment subscribers by the characteristics you need (gender, age, geography, interests, etc.) both during the collection process and later.
Learn more about segmentation here: https://docs.gravitec.net/hc/ru/articles/208958285-Website-SDK-API.
Aliases for personal communication with subscribers
An alias is a personal identifier. This is a marker that allows you to send personalized offers, and trigger notifications. How are aliases assigned to subscribers? When a push subscriber visits the website and logs in there, their personal identifier from the website will be stored in the push system. It can be their email address, login, token, etc. After that, the subscriber can be identified and you can send them push notifications individually.
A subscriber is assigned one alias, but can also have many tags.
Using REST API, you can perform the automated distribution of transactional messages (payment reminders, order confirmations, etc.).
Integration with service on the Tilda website
Website constructors do not allow the placement of files in the root folder of the site. The technology of push notifications requires the installation of files SDK (push-worker.js and manifest.json) in the root of the site.
It is possible to integrate your site on tilda with our service on the principle of http sites.
Initially, the push technology was created by Google for https sites. To use it on http sites, our service generates a subdomain of the type https://sitename.gravitec.net and subscription is performed in 2 clicks: once on the main domain (widget), and the second time in the subdomain of Gravitec.
For this purpose you need:
1. Register an account by clicking the link - https://push.gravitec.net/register.
2. When entering the account, add a site with your protocol(http or https) by selecting WiX/TILDA type of integration - http://joxi.ru/D2Pow0qfJ8x6Vm.
3. Copy the generated subscription script for the added site.